Thursday, June 01, 2006

Millions for a tram for the millions


Being that my blogs have been way too serious, it is time for something a little less thought provoking. Or maybe not!?!

Today they had an employee Open House for one of the new OHSU buildings. It is the building that the tram will eventually connect to, projected to be this fall. My what a building it is! And the view! A friend of mine who joined me for the open house mentioned the building's balcony (seen at left) would be a perfect place to spend a summer lunch. From it you can see the Willamette River, all of the Lair Hill neighborhood, the Ross Island bridge, and eventually the tram as is docks into OHSU. Was it worth all of the millions it cost to construct? We will see. (Yes, a vague answer to a big question, something that I won't blog about just yet since I am blogging from work).

No comments: