Monday, June 19, 2006

Darn Fascia

Ugg...Remember back when I was in D.C.? Well, I did a ton of walking, both to sight-see as well as just seeing all of the exibits at the Neuroscience conference I was attending (no I skipped out on seeing all 27 miles worth of posters). But I did all of this in bad walking shoes. The strange part was that when I would my morning runs with "the Chief," it would feel better.

During January and February I did a lot of running, in the hopes to do VERY well racing the Pacific Crest Half-Ironman duathlon. During this time my right foot would hurt at the beginning of my runs, stop hurting, and then hurt like crazy the next day.

Around March my mom (an R.N.) asked one of the doctor's in her office what could be up. Plantar fasciitis. It is a very common cause of heal pain, where the fascia (bottom part of the foot that creates the arch) gets inflammed.

I have tried to stay away from running the past two months, to let my foot recover "let my heel heal." It is doing better, but a 4 mile hike on Saturday got it hurting again. This Saturday I am heading up to climb Mt Adams and am worried that 1)I won't be in shape because I haven't been running, and 2) that my foot will get worse.

Grrrr...just when I was getting ready for the marathon and that Half-Ironman too.

No comments: